Re: [RTTY] WPX - of macro and other style matters

To: rtty-contesting Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX - of macro and other style matters
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:51:58 -0800
On Feb 15, 2005, at 9:23 AM, Mark Perrin wrote:

I was surprized when I was running at getting responses of "N7MQ N7MQ de XXXX " - the running station knows his call, but if do that, just using the running station call once is more than enuff.

There are rare occasions where sending the victim's call sign can be useful to everyone concerned. Such as when there are two stations CQing on top of one another.

If they can't hear one another, this can be a service to the one you didn't call. He now knows there is someone else CQ'ing at that same frequency, especially after he hears you send your exchange to the other station that he couldn't hear.

In the meantime, you have given a point to yourself and to the station you have called. A win for everyone.

73
Chen, W7AY