Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC

To: "John- W4DJ" <w4dj@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help with keeping RF out of PC
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:53:31 -0800
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:48:01 -0500, John- W4DJ wrote:

>Your symptoms are exactly
>what I have had in the past and as soon as I grounded the computer problem
>solved.

You were lucky.  Often, adding a ground makes the problem worse, not
better, especially at higher frequencies.  Remember, a ground wire 1/4
wavelength long is essentially an open circuit at the transmitter end.

The better approach is to prevent the RF from getting into the
computer in the first place.  Ferrite is your friend.

--
Bill, W6WRT