Re: [RTTY] 3G0YP

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 3G0YP
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:42:43 -0800
On Jan 10, 2005, at 8:06 AM, Larry L Lindblom wrote:
Sunday afternoon while CQing on 15 during RTTY RU I was called by 3G0YP
who sent "599 001 73 from Easter Island."

My 001 came from ZF2NT (Bruce N6NT, ex AA6KX, a call that should be familiar to RTTY ops from about 15 years ago).

I was S&P'ing as usual, and caught Bruce on his initial CQ down the band on 15m Sunday afternoon. All heck broke loose soon after and I don't think my 100 watts and vertical would have gotten through the pile that developed. I took a look at the screen, and Bruce had sent 001. Three hours later, towards the end of the contest, I worked Bruce again on 20m, and he gave me a 208.

73
Chen, W7AY