RE: [RTTY] RE: RTTY Digest, Vol 25, Issue 10

To: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RE: RTTY Digest, Vol 25, Issue 10
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:48:29 -0600
Win single-handedly?  I don't think so.  I have a feeling there will be lots of
stations on my heels this year, especially 8P2K who will be in there with a
serious LOW POWER effort.

It does concern me the CW contest will be going on.  I'm "hoping" the RTTY
stations will stay above 7050 Khz so we don't have to fight too many battles on
the low end of the band.  I always try to stay high in the band on 40 during the
Roundup and only go low to look for multipliers.  Last year I found two
multipliers on the lower end of 40, both EU stations.

40 meters may be the most important band of the contest because of condx.  And
with the CW contest going, hopefully staying in the low end, most RTTY stations
will be high in frequency which will cause for a crowded band.  However, if we
utilize 7050-7070 Khz more during the Roundup, we should be OK.

I think there is suppose to be an hour practice tonight starting at 0300?
Haven't seen an announcement by the NCCC yet, but I'll be on both 40 (high end)
and 80 meters tonight practicing.  Running new, unfamiliar radios and a beta
version of WriteLog and one PC which I "think" is fixed from MMTTY lock-up
problems, I have some issues I need to resolve before I'll feel comfortable! hi

73, Don AA5AU