Re: [RTTY] slow program for wf1b de HB9AWS

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] slow program for wf1b de HB9AWS
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:56:07 +0000
If you are upgrading to XP from an  earlier Operating System, this may
be the problem  XP does not have the  same support for DOS programs
that earlier Windows versions had. That is  why on my radio computers,
I continue to use Win98se - it has excellent
support for DOS mode programs.

Yes, but there is a workaround, which I have just found to my
surprise. Assume you have 98SE on yur machine. Instally the XP
UPGRADE!!! (NOT the OEM full XP ) and when it finishes, you'll still
see the same icons and everything, except things go one hell of a lot
faster.

BTW, I bought 2 at Walmart.

73
Ed