Re: [RTTY] 160 RTTY

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 RTTY
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:39:47 -0600
When my 160 wires were totally out of commission a few years ago, I
discovered the tuner with my 80 meter wires worked OK on 160 and made
some NAQP CW Qs with the 80 meter antenna.  Me I enjoy trying new things.

BTW, the CQ 160 contest director always use to work the 160 CW & SSB
contests by loading the boom of a yagi.  As Albert use to say "all thing
are relative."  So if everyone else's antenna is 10% efficient on 160
then you will be even with the rest of the crowd as long as you hit the
10% mark and if your antenna is 20% efficient you will really have fun!

BTW, I seldom run out of people to work but often the rate drops low
enough I long for something else to try.

73 HNY W0ETC
Larry L