[RTTY] OT - FCC and the F word

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] OT - FCC and the F word
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:51:18 -0500
This is OT and sorta political, so I apologize to those that take issue with my post here. Well, on second thought, no I don't.

I just received an email related to FCC chairman Michael Powell asking that no action be taken against the ABC stations that aired over 20 uses of the "f" word and 12 "s" words during Saving Private Ryan. I guess if the FCC chairman approves of TV's language, there's not much hope of cleaning up the ham bands.

If you're interested in this subject, see http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=6755986&type=ML

RTTY has been called the Gentleman's Band - Hope it continues to earn that reputation! 73 - John, WA9ALS