[RTTY] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz problem?

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz problem?
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:40:21 +0000
Hi,

After reading the archive here I decided to install a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
sound card in my new computer last night.  I removed the drivers from my
existing sound card (on the motherboard) and de-activated it.  I then installed
the Sanat Cruz as specified in the instruction.  I set it up on MMTTY.  All
worked great.  I even worked VP2ENK on 20m RTTY.  I turned off the computer
(had to go back to work).  When I got home I turned on the computer.  It
wouldn't start.  System recovered from a serious error (I choose go back to the
last know working setup).  When it did start the Sanat Cruz was no longer
installed.  I tried to reinstall it and it wouldn't.  I reinstalled the
motherboard sound card and everything was back to normal.  This morning I tried
again, this time with the intentions  of installing it as a second sound card.
As soon as I turned it on the computer it would not start.  I removed teh card
and it started fine.

So, Does that mean I have a bad Santa Cruz card?  Anyone else have a problem
with these cards?

73,

Art
W2NRA