Re: [RTTY] RE: Flat panels...........

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RE: Flat panels...........
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:54:35 -0800
On Nov 19, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Phil Cooper wrote:
Going to flat panel monitors has reduced the noise significantly. The CRT's
produced some big noise spikes at differing intervals on each band, and the
worst was on 10m.

This was the main reason I went to using only laptops at home from about 1994 onwards. Without any keyboard and mice cables, they also aren't as susceptible to RFI.

When stand-alone flat panels became more widespread 4 or 5 years ago, I finally transitioned back to using some desktop machines at the QTH.

Pssst: if you are getting noise from your wired CAT-5 Ethernet cables, just go to 802.11b wireless networks... worked for me.

73
Chen, W7AY