Re: [RTTY] RE: XP vs 98se

To: pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RE: XP vs 98se
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:31:57 -0600
I had a similar problem here with the computer being flaky, but at the
time it was doing more than just the radio stuff and I suspicioned some
of the other software was causing conflicts.  I thought about a new shack
machine but did I need that much processor power for the radio stuff?
Also, I didn't like the decreased number of PCI slots and the loss of one
on board serial port the new machines seemed to have.

I wound up buying a new computer for the spreadsheets, photo editing,
Internet, digital video, etc.  Then I reformatted the HDD on the old
computer did a reinstall of Windows ME, reinstalled the logging software
and a few other ham programs.  It has no non ham software installed.
Knock on wood it has run FB for around 20 months since the rebuild.

73 Larry L W0ETC