Re: [RTTY] WAE RTTY

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WAE RTTY
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:06:46 +0000
Well Dick lives in the west part of the state of Missouri from me. I live in St. Louis MO. I didn't make a whole lot of QSO's but the ones I worked were all Europeans and plenty of them. Also worked the FR5 and 3b8. On 10 meters ZL2AMI was s-9 here calling CQ and was the only one on the band.

But I know I always here AA5AU working stuff that I can't hear.

Joe K0BX
STL MO

FireBrick wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry L Lindblom" <llindblom@juno.com> To: <whiter26@sbcglobal.net> Cc: <RTTY@contesting.com> Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 6:14 PM Subject: Re: [RTTY] WAE RTTY

I totally agree with Dick's comment below.  I think Dick will find it
interesting that up here a few hundred miles to the north at times things
seemed even worse.  I say that because I heard him work some Europeans on
15 that I couldn't  print no matter which TH-7 or combinations of TH-7s I
tried in the 3 high stack.

I also heard AI9T (to the east 300 or 400 miles) running Europeans on 15
that were no print here when I monitored his run frequency.  In the end
due to the lousy band conditions in the land between two rivers (i.e.,
the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers) also know as Iowa I only operated
about 10 hours of WAE RTTY.

73 Larry L W0ETC

GEE, I don't know why this seems so surprising.
90% of my contesting time is spent listening to EVERYONE else working stuff I can't print! :-(((