Re: [RTTY] Filters for an ICOM 706

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Filters for an ICOM 706
From: "radioman" <radioman@semarg.ath.cx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:22:30 -0400
I have the 746, with the 250 filter..
I don't find any problem using the filter, in contesting, some stations will
be a little off at times, but that may-be
1 out of 25 or so contacts. it really don't hurt using the 350 filter.. for
me I'm used to the 250 and it really bangs the QRM down
I have no experience with the 350,  I supose it would be a better with the
contesters, that are off a bit but a quick hand on the VFO
fixes that.. in all if U do more pouncing then CQing, what would it matter
if there a little off..

Tony
N1LDY

In the Name of Home Land Security
IM a child of the 60's don't confuse me of
Being a Terrorist!