Re: [RTTY] LOTW

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] LOTW
From: WI8W <wi8w@wi8w.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:18:03 +0000
I think that the reason LOTW does not have as many foreign stations signed up is the process they must follow. I see it as vastly different that the way we do it and if I was living overseas I probably would think it is more trouble than it is worth.

eQSL has a much simpler process.

I use both eQSL and LOTW but really I prefer the old fashioned paper QSL cards. I really enjoy getting a really nice card in the mail. The recent 3B9C card really blew me away when I received it. It also gives me something to show visitors to the shack.

All of my neighbors have visited the shack and are really amazed that I talk around the world. As a result, my tower and antennas are no problem around here. I partially thank my paper QSL card collection for that. I don't think my electronic verifications would have had much of a impact.

73

Thom WI8W