Re: [RTTY] 10 & 15 meter scatter paths

To: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 10 & 15 meter scatter paths
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:56:15 -0700
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:20:20 +0000, Jerry Flanders wrote:

>Anytime you can hear the tail end of your own transmission it is making it
>completely around the world. Round trip is about 1/7 second.

I'm talking about an echo much shorter than 1/7 th of a second.  I
would estimate between 1/20 th and 1/50 th of a second.  This echo is
gone almost before you are aware it's there.  Like I said, it is a
very quick 'tink' sound.  By comparison, 1/7 th of a second would be
quite long.

It's interesting to rotate the antenna during a series of CQs and hear
the echo come and go depending on direction.

--
Bill W6WRT