Re: [RTTY] Operating practices in CQWW

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Operating practices in CQWW
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:58:25 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Phil Cooper wrote:

-> During my stint of S&P, there were lots of stations calling ME when I
-> was receiving a report from someone else, some of which may well have
-> caused me to lose a few points. In view of this, I found a clear spot
-> and called CQ. Almost nothing came back to me!

Yeah, what's up with that?  I'd not noticed that phenomena since I got
back into RTTY contesting back in January.  Quite annoying.  It's as if
the stations were just calling whatever callsign printed first.

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
WAC (phone)
WAS #51466 (SSB)