Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY Contest . . . First

To: m0zak <m0zak@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY Contest . . . First
From: w2nra@optonline.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:00:38 -0400
Hi All,

Jim Steel, m0zak wrote:

>       My first foray into the world of digital communication took
> place this weekend in the CQWW RTTY contest.

Me also, I just got everything setup and working Saturday and played for a
couple of hours each day, only 50 Qs total.

I did work RTTY many years ago just to chase DX, so my experience is very
limited.  Boy has the required equipment change and the software for contesting
and copying RTTY is great!

> <snip> . . .I found an
> operating technique, after about 10 or so qso's, that suited
> me and my set up, which was search and pounce

Yea, as a rookie I used the same technique.

The important thing is, did you have fun?  I did!  And with WriteLog/MMTTY/FSK
via microHam Keyer everything worked perfectly.  What an easy setup to use.

I did notice a few stations that used the CQ Technique. They apparently were
AFSK and using AFC so that their TX moved with almost every QSO.  Did anyone
else notice this?

73,
Art
W2NRA