Re: [RTTY] W0ETC SCC RTTY Championship

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W0ETC SCC RTTY Championship
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:23:04 +0000
Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wrote:
> I suspect that the rules suffered in the translation and it really supposed
> to be first year you had an amateur license.  Certainly that was what most
> of us sent!

Think Mike has hit the hammer on the head, or whatever.

I greatly admire those hams who are multi lingual. But only those
whose native language is English can generally get it right the first
time. ( and I know there are thousands of exceptions to this ) (
England and the United States are "world leaders" separated by a
common language ) Not the exact quote....

Simple way would be for the Contest sponsors to merely send "their"
translation to a US buddy, who could then correct the syntax and
spelling if necessary, and then return it.
And it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to do the same thing. And think
about how many versions of the rules could be posted using this idea.

And add emphasis on "spelling".

73
Ed