Re: [RTTY] RTTY power levels

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY power levels
From: "DESLOOVERE DIRK" <d.desloovere@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:04:48 +0200
Dear,

>From the mark V manual   page 17

... the cooling system is designed to handle continuous duty transmission at
200 watts output.   However , for continuous-duty digital modes like rtty,
we recommend limiting your transmissions to 3 min. or less, with at least 3
min receive in between transmissions.

So the mark V has a 200 w output level at 50 % duty cycle as the
specifications tells us.

For 100 % duty cycle the manal (p 17)  advice you to keep the power output
at 100 w or less.

DIRK
ON4ADZ