Fw: [RTTY] naqp received logs

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Fw: [RTTY] naqp received logs
From: dennis o'connor <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:33:59 -0700
Larry W0ETC, I saw you in the contest but couldn't catch up to make a Q with you...

OK gang, in spite of my posts about all the teething problems of getting a working rtty station back on the air at the last minute, I had a ball... I agree with the comment about 20 meters being strange... Long one minute and short the next...

A few of the names were different, such as Byte from Me...

One of the highlights is the PY station that kept exclaiming over and over how I was just 'BOOMIN IN'... Well, I looked quizzically at the Bird, which insisted I was putting a stomping 90 watts into the ladder line, shrugged, thanked him, and hit F1... Ya can't fight, The Force (propagation), but it sure can make you look good when it is with you...

I mostly ran one frequency on 20, from 2pm to 6pm, then took the xyl to supper and restarted with S&P at 7:30pm... By 10PM I had a line of thunderstorms passing to the north of my qth which were predicted to last until 4 or 5 AM... Nothing directly overhead, but the static was tooth rattling... S9+ signals were printing more hits than letters because of the white noise on frequency... At that point it stopped being fun and I packed it in...

Denny - K8DO