[RTTY] Makrothen RTTY Contest

To: "RTTY e-Group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Makrothen RTTY Contest
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:48:48 -0500
Station: VE3GSI

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: ON

   80:   28
   40:   47
   20:  150
   15:   88
   10:    0
------------------
Total:  313  1417008  Total Score = 1,417,008

Club: Contest Club Ontario

-----------------------
First thanks to Waldemar, DK3VN and his friends for putting together the
concept of this contest.

I agree with the gang, the contest was fun despite a few minor growing
pains, most of which was the date conflicts with other contests.  Perhaps
instead of adding a new contest date, sponsors could look at using the
Makrothen in place of a less popular contest, assuming there is one.

Scott, VE1OP made mention of a bonus on the 80/40 meter bands. I was
thinking of that too, but after working stations on one band, it seemed easy
enough to work them on other bands if conditions permit. For me, just going
the distance on 80/40 I though was reward enough.

If the sponsors are looking for another category or idea, perhaps like a car
race, time could be used. Maybe something like the first three stations that
reach 1,000,000 km could be considered winners?

The highlight of the contest for me was checking propagation from my area to
the South Pacific, found that 15 meters should be open and after just a few
CQ's had ZL2BR come back to me giving me an additional 14,250 kilometers.

Low point was being called a moron by an unidentified 'lid' after having to
QSY up the band and landing on a supposedly DX spot because of broadbanded
station causing me interference. If asked, I would have moved without the
unneeded name calling.

All-in-all, I was happy with the way my station worked and the results of my
efforts with only low power.

Again to all, thanks, I enjoyed finding you on the bands,
Eric - VE3GSI.