[RTTY] wpx

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] wpx
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:19:21 +0000
All,

What a difference a week makes!

Good contest, did not blow any fuses, kept all the right antennas to the proper rigs, software worked 98% of the time. Only made several known operator errors - like calling cq on the wrong rig when I am getting ready to call that station. My antennas seemed somewhat flaky so I reduced power slightly. The 10m beams seems to have changed resonance to 27.5 Mhz??? Too bad because 10m was open here.

Really appreciate the little guys who came on Sunday afternoon to give us all someone to call. Never ran out of stations to call, even had one weak station late Sunday afternoon give me "0001" - Thank you for joining us.

Exceeded my personal goals for the contest. But I am thinking about yet another arrangement of my station equipment before the next big one.

Now since today is a holiday, I will clean up and submit my logs (even see if I can merge the XE log) and think about the next one.

Jerry, W6IHG