[RTTY] 4U1UN on RTTY - January 30 (today zulu time)

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 4U1UN on RTTY - January 30 (today zulu time)
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:05:47 -0600
I think the 4U1UN operation is actually this Friday January 30th despite the
post to the DX Reflector saying it would be Friday, September 30.  September 30,
2004 is a Thursday.  This is from the ARRL DX Bulletin.

"UNITED NATIONS HQ, 4U_UN.  Bernie, W3UR, Christa, KB3JIU, Steve, KU9C and
Henry, KT1J will be QRV from 4U1UN beginning 1400z on January 30.  Planned
activity will be on 80 to 10 meters using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK.  QSL via
operators' instructions."

Here's one from Japan:

"Bernie McClenny, W3UR (Editor of The Daily DX, http://www.dailydx.com) and his
daughter
Christa, KB3JIU will be joining Steve, KU9C and Henry, KT1J for a one day
operation
from the 4U1UN station at the United Nations in New York City. Activity is
expected to
start around 14 UTC on 30 January and plans are to operate on 10-80 metres CW,
SSB,
RTTY and PSK.  During the first two hours they will look especially for Asia
(probably
on 20 meter CW).  QSL to 4U1UN, Grand Central Station, P.O. Box 3873, New York,
NY 10163,
USA. [TNX W3UR and KA2RTD]"

I think the operation is on for today (zulu time).  Maybe I'm not so old after
all - perhaps I even have ESPN!

73 & GL,
Don AA5AU