[RTTY] Where do we go from here? Summary

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Where do we go from here? Summary
From: Joe <k0bx@qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:55:29 +0000
Thank you for all the replies to me question about ZD9.

I checked my log and see that on 22 Sept. 2000 that ZD9ZM was on 10 & 15 meters rtty. I was on rtty that day but never worked/heard him. I wonder if that wasn't the CQ WW RTTY contest weekend. I think I was operating at our club station that day (W0MA).

Checking the DX-Summit I found the following:

Year 2000 ZD9ZM on rtty on 10/12/15 meters in September. Zd9BV was also on rtty later that year.

Year 2001 ZD9IR was on rtty 25 November. I worked ZD9IR on 23 Jan 2001 at 2242Z on 20 meter SSB. No other rtty for this year.

Year 2002 No rtty activity spotted. Both ZD9IR and ZD9BV were activity on CW and SSB.

Year 2003 No rtty activity spotted. ZD9BV activity on other modes.

Year 2004 No rtty activity spotted. ZD9BV activity up to Jan 24th but none of the spots were from stateside stations.

Here is a brief summary of the comments I received.

Doug N6TQS, he is ready to go there and put it on the air. Boy that would get great, if an operator like Doug could put rtty on the air that would do a lot to fill the demand.

Tony WA4JQS said that getting to the island is pretty difficult. Air to ZD8 and then a boat to ZD9.

Jim AD1C was able to work ZD9 in 2000.

Berry W2UP worked them in 2000.

Don KF2XF worked them in 2000.

The majority of the spot's and comments are from East Coast stations. The midwest and west coast seems to be in a dead zone.

I noticed that ZD9 is up to 75th most wanted DXCC country on any mode.

Again thanks for all the comments and send you money to N6TQS to get Doug a ticket!

Joe K0BX STL MO