Re: [RTTY] MMTTY tweaks?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY tweaks?
From: Kazik <sp6axw@poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:20:17 +0200
"Barry" wrote:
....Also, had about 10 random lockups of MMTTY in WL this weekend - just
froze up. Closing the RTTY window and reopening it did the trick.
73,....

Hi,
I had the same problems using WL 10.40 and plug-in MMTTY 1.65. Computer is laptop, old CA 4500 200MHz. It has small LCD screen so I used to connect external monitor and cable mouse for contest. At the moment when program is finishing sending and going to receive MMTTY "froze up". It is strange, I observed such situation only on cq (operate key F2). Using another key (F5 with QRZ) repaired the MMTTY. Exactly the problem is in sound card so closing and opening MMTTY solved the problem, sound card is starting again.
I suppose the problem is on RF energy because without external monitor and mouse everything was OK. Any way LCD screen and internal pad were very uncomfortable. We must build RF chokes on cabels coming to computer ports. So I wraped monitor and mouse cabels on ferrite cores (ring and rod) and since then no more "froze". The more windings the better.

Kazik
sp6axw