Re: [RTTY] MMTTY Setup

To: "Gary D Elliott" <k7ox@pipeline.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY Setup
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:44:51 -0500
Gary, we need some more information.

I'm not familiar with controlling an Icom radio with WriteLog, but when
using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, the radio control will be not be
done through the TX tab on MMTTY because it's not present in the plug-in.

Radio control with WriteLog is done through the Ports menu selection
in the main WL window.

What it appears you are trying to do is getting the 761 working with MMTTY
stand-alone first, then trying to get it to work with WL as a 2nd radio.
Although
this seems like a good idea, it may be easier to get it to work with WL first
since the 761 is directly supported in the Port Setup of WriteLog.

Questions...

Is the 761 controlled from a different interface and on a separate COM port
than the PRO?

Assuming you are trying to key the 761 FSK, are you using a separate FSK
interface
than the PRO and on a separate COM port?

I'm visualizing you using 4 COM ports.  Two for the PRO (radio control & FSK)
and two for the 761 (radio control & FSK).  Is that correct?

What kind of radio and FSK interfaces are you using?

Answer these questions and I think we can get you headed in the right direction
(I hope).
Another SO2R operator on RTTY!!!!  Go for it...

73, Don AA5AU (working late hours preparing for CQ WW RTTY)