[RTTY] Thanks for the 4-BTV help

To: "Contesting RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks for the 4-BTV help
From: "Dick White" <ks0m@ktis.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:48:37 -0500
You can stop sending me information now. I have been sent the install
instructions by Ron K0IDT. Thank you very much Ron.  Also, I have received
replies from those who have used the Hustler verticals. They told me things
the instruction manual does not tell you. That should make life a little
easier.

The consensus is that I should stay with aluminum for the six spider tubes.
So far, none of the hardware stores I have visited has any tubing. W1NET
suggested that I call New Tronics and have them send me the parts. I may do
that after I hit a few more hardware stores in the area. I appreciated the
suggestion to use rotor cable for radials, if I chose to use radials. I
would have never thought to use that coil of old rotor cable for that. We
all still have old junk around  that we hate to throw away as we "might need
it some day", don't we ?

 I really hit the jack pot on this one. I want to thank all those who sent
me information and suggestions.  At this time I received replies about the
4-BTV Hustler antenna from W0YR,  K1US,  WA1EHK,  W2CQ,  K7WM,  K0IDT,
AA0CY,  VE3IAY,  W1NET AND K4GMH.

See you in the CQ WW RTTY contest................Dick  -  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White         ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M   (ex WB0WLX / KC0MY )
ARRL  Honor Roll / CW  -  5BDXCC / CW  #3295
Life Member American Radio Relay League