[RTTY] ZL2BR VOLTA

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2BR VOLTA
From: ditdah at infogen.net.nz (Frank ZL2BR)
Date: Mon May 12 05:56:49 2003
As a lot of folk have already commented, conditions were rough,
but that's life, we just have to make the best of it. The zone point
scoring system for this contest, is kinda like sweet revenge for
those of us living in the more remoter parts of the world, so I
decided that unlike past years I would stick to my gun (although it's
only a small one), for the whole 24 hours no matter conditions were
like.

Here's what I came up with:

Band     qso     points     mults
======================

3.5        1         22           1
7           15       669         12
14         114     5205       47
21         33       1204       19
28         4         214         3
All         167     7314       81

Claimed score:   98, 936, 478

Gear:
TS-850S
3-el tribander at 35 ft
40m GP at 50ft
80m inverted vee at 55ft.

Lowlights, no North America on 40m, and only 3 on 10m, (more
double point contacts would have been great. Expected early
morning, around 2000UTC long path opening on 20m to North
America did not happen. Did not seem to be much JA activity.

Highlights, my first RTTY contest 5-bander - with Mike KH6ND, (he
seemed to have all guns blazing non-stop for 24 hours). Really
good solid openings on 20m but of short durations to Southern
Europe and North America.

Will be out of town for the Anatolian RTTY contest, but it's looking
very much like it will be case of same again for the ANARTS RTTY
in a months time.

73, Frank ZL2BR