[RTTY] Operating PSK-31 from DX locations

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Operating PSK-31 from DX locations
From: kf9li at arrl.net (Nathan Gordon)
Date: Fri Mar 28 12:44:28 2003
This is an interesting discussion.

Perhaps the problem is they don't know what to say.  In this digital age it
is hard to get to know people in general.  We all run around working longer
hours, commuting farther, and generally spending more and more time away
from quality human contact of any kind.  When we do meet people who actually
talk, it is out of the norm, and sometimes frightening.  I speak from
personal experience.

Back to ham radio.  When I operate RTTY outside of a contest I find it isn't
really that hard to start a conversation.  Most people like to talk about
themselves, so I usually ask what they do/did for a living.  Granted some
people only want to send their brag files and be done, let them have their
fun, there are others who spend time actually trying to get to know the
other operator.  BTW I don't use any macros except for in contests.

See you all on the air.

73,
Nathan KF9LI