[RTTY] Dayton Hamvention

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dayton Hamvention
From: tomek at sp5zcc.waw.pl (SP5UAF)
Date: Sun Feb 2 19:09:08 2003
Hello,

I've just visited http://www.hamvention.org/ and found "Award
Nominations" link there. I have never been to Dayton so far and for
sure will not be there this year but visitig the nominations link I
thought that we can nominate Makoto JE3HHT for  the "Special
Achievement" award.

JE3HHT is the author of MMTTY, MMSSTV, MMANA, DSP Filter and other
software. I know that for example in Poland MMTTY gave the chance to
start digital modes operation to many HAMs. Well, there is much more
RTTY software but MMTTY is completely free and works as RTTY engine
with so many other programmes. Reading mail reflectors (WriteLog, RTTY
and other) we can see how many HAMs are using MMTTY. I am sure it took
a lot of time to made MMTTY and it is still developed and still we
have it completely free. I think it is worth to notify - this
contribution to amateur radio and especially to RTTY community.

Never being in Dayton I don't know how it looks there but if it is a
chance to remember about Makoto JE3HHT when special awards nominations
take place please do it if you think I am right.

Regards
Tom
SP5UAF
(member of SP5ZCC/SN5Z team)