[RTTY] AA5AU TARA Results for last 4 years - comparison

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU TARA Results for last 4 years - comparison
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:46:19 -0600
I agree with Mike and Costas that the high band activity was not as good
this year and it's not hard to tell that when looking at my last 4 years of
results.

It appears we had the best high band activity is 2000.

            1999            2000            2001            2002
80            21                14                25                20
40            61                66                52                73
20           138              146              158              142
15           107              133              124              125
10            35                68                31                23
Total      362              427              390              383

US+VE    46                45                43                44
DX           30               33                 39                34

Score    27512         33306            31980           29874

My initial feeling was that activity was down from the previous two years.
However,
after looking at the data, it could be that because the high bands were not as
good,
less DX was worked (here anyway) thus less QSO's in the log.

The one entry in my score this year that may tell me something about what might
happen in the Roundup is the 40M total.  It appears to be up quite a bit from
the
other years.  I remember a few Roundups where I had more contacts on 40M than
the other bands.  I don't think that will happen in the next Roundup, but I can
see
that it's possible 40M will be an important band as compared to other years when
15M stayed open late into the evening.

40M was very good.  I picked up some nice DX multipliers even though I was low
power.
TA1DX in the 40M log was one of my highlights of the contest.  It's great to
see DX
in this contest which is geared toward US/VE (because of the start time).

I also worked 21 new callsigns that were not in the database.  I'll be adding
these
and uploading the file to my websites before the Roundup.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog