[RTTY] MY CALL/X

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MY CALL/X
From: ks0m at ktis.net (Dick White)
Date: Wed Aug 20 11:01:07 2003
I was not going to say anything, but here is my $0.02 worth anyway.

No one is forcing anyone to enter a contest. If you don't like the rules and
cannot abide by them, just don't enter the contest.  There in no way that
sponsors of a contest can  make rules that everyone will like. But, they
make the rules and you can either join in the fun or stay out. It is your
choice.

I note in the SARTG contest that 61 of my 174 contacts have 2by 3 calls.
That does not seem to keep such notables as ZL2AMI and others out of the
contest. I did a lot of CW contests when my call was WB0WLX because I wanted
to. The 2by3 call was not really a problem.  Shall we drop this thread and
let the contest sponsors do their thing ?  If the contest has merit, it will
survive and those who enter will have all the fun.

73  Dick  KS0M
"A not so big gun contester"

Richard C. "Dick" White         ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M   (ex WB0WLX / KC0MY )
ARRL  Honor Roll / CW  -  5BDXCC / CW  #3295
Life Member American Radio Relay League