[RTTY] Network Gurus pls

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Network Gurus pls
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:10:44 -0500
Robert, you need to read the Networking section in the HELP file very
carefully and do it just like it says, and you'll be fine.

In brief, you are to set up for the contest and save it in a shared
directory on machine A.  Then forget about that file for A.  Save another
copy in your working directory - This is the one you're going to log to on
machine A.

Then go to machine B, and open the shared file on A.  Then save -that- file
in your working folder on B.  THE ONLY PURPOSE OF THE SHARED FILE IS SO THAT
YOU CAN OPEN IT FROM THE OTHER MACHINE AND THEREFORE BE ASSURED THAT THE
FILES ARE THE SAME, i.e. same number of columns etc.  (When you create the
logs separately on the 2 machines, it's easy for them to not be identical.)

WL does not use that shared file any further, i.e. it does not get the Qs.
Each machine keeps their own log of ALL Qs from both machines.

It's not exactly intuitive the first time you do it, but after that, it
makes perfect sense and is a snap!  Good luck!  73 - John, WA9ALS