[RTTY] K8T (KH8) 20m-RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] K8T (KH8) 20m-RTTY
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:08:32 +0100
Hi,

today I am a happy man. Because today it's my birthday (51) and
Larry, AH8LG has confirmed today - via eMail - that I am in the
log plus 500+ more he had worked yesterday! Many thanks to Larry!

Yesterday (06-Nov-02) some minutes after 8 UTC I found a station,
signing K8T, on 14085 (FSK) working some JA-stations. I was calling
up, approx. around 14089, but no luck. Then K8T was calling CQ
without "UP" on the end, so I called simplex and after two tries
sending my call two times, I got a response and made the QSO.

DK3VN  DK3VN
VN D3VN  599PQS? DE K8T KNJ   UR 599 DK3VN DK3VN QSL??
DKVN QSL TU QRZ DE K8T KK

I am so happy about this contact, because it's a perfect polar
path. We in DL have to go direct via the north pole (0 deg +/-2)
to work KH8. For example: The bearing for a CT-HAM is 323-325 deg,
which is - for me - the standard path to the USA West Coast, much
easier to work, believe me. Personally I have a "little" handicap
also. In front of my house I have three oak trees, very tall,
very old, with trillions of leaves. And when I am looking to
the north, all what I can see, are this trees. I'll never put
them down, I love tall oak trees and on the end, I am not allowed
to do it.

I hope all my friends have made their contact with K8T also and
will see you in the WAEDC this weekend. I'll be QRV for a few
hours on Saturday and Sunday, I hope ...

Last but not least: You should not mix up the QSL routes!
K8T via GW0ANA
K8O via AH6HY

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--