[RTTY] Incorrect Call's

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Incorrect Call's
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:49:56 -0000
Shelby, you're 100% right on this.   I nearly always do a post-contest
upload of an ADIF file to eQSL, as I'd like to finish up their eDX100 and
eWAS awards.  Fewer seem to bother with it these days.

Each time two or three of my uploaded entries end up being  "rejected"
because  _my own_  call was incorrectly logged at the other end.  This while
running for 30 minutes or more on one freq.  and often in spite of my
attempting to correct the caller's mistake on the spot.   Many of these S&P
jackrabbits are gone even before getting my response to their mistaken
reply, which could be something as short as "K1UZ 38"  in JARTS.  Wheeee!
Must be a real QRQ CW contester trying out RTTY.   No QSK on this mode here!

Hard to imagine how a CQing station's call can get so mangled, even with 3x
at each CQ!

73, de Jon,

K1US  -- (not  K1UY, KK1US, K1USA, K1USS,  K2US, K2USA,  W1US,
My call is original issue, held since 1976          ......................
8)