[RTTY] Reply from Brian, K6STI

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Reply from Brian, K6STI
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:51:25 -0000
Bill, thanks for letting us know about your exchange with Brian.  Sounds
pretty final this time.

Just for fun today I fired up my slow second computer with WF1B RTTY v.5.02
using my licensed copy of  K6STI RITTY v. 2.38 as the "TNC."    What do you
know, it all still works very well.  And why wouldn't it?  Ran a test QSO
with the TS-850 on 21088 with ES1AJ, Slava.  Smooth as silk.  The detectors
perform nicely, narrow and wide band, auto tune receive, and polar flutter
options too.

Having well and truly paid for it all from WF1B v.3 and up, and of course
for K6STI, I setup the buffers again for "General DXCC"  and chatting.  Not
quite as nostalgic as straight key night, but this stuff is sure worth
keeping and actually using from time to time.  Glad to learn that Ekki is
taking on the project of possible future support for WF1B, as he recently
posted to this list.

WL remains my favorite for contesting with MMTTY, but it's great to see the
old DOS stuff in action now and again.

Very 73,
Jon        K1US