[RTTY] RTTY NAQP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY NAQP
From: dwood@cisco.com (Dean Wood)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:41:47 -0700
Hi all,

I definitely understand about 2am being late on the east coast.
However, I recommend we *not* move up the contest a few hours.
The reason is that this change would make things even more difficult
for west coast stations to be competitive in this contest.  Although
10m, 15m, and 20m are the money bands from California, we have
to pay attention to 40m and 80m because of the mult structure in NAQP.
Keep in mind that in July, sunset is at roughly 0330Z here near
San Francisco.  Ending the contest at 0400Z would significantly
impact low band activity from the west coast, and increase an
already large advantage for the midwest and east coast on 40/80m.

See you all in NAQP this weekend from W6YX!

73...
-Dean - N6DE