[RTTY] P5/4L4FN -- another testimonial

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] P5/4L4FN -- another testimonial
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:20:15 -0400
About 6 months ago, I got a packet TALK message from Bernie, W3UR.  He was
in QSO with Ed P5/4L4FN around 21.255 and asked me if I needed a QSO (I
did).  Try as I might, Ed could not hear me (single-element antenna and KW
here), though I was the only one calling.  Sigh, at least he's going to be
around until next summer, I thought.

Well today I saw a spot from Japan at 1626Z for Ed on 15 meter RTTY, and lo
and behold, he had a good signal!  And no one was calling him.  Just a
couple of calls and I was in the log.  Same antenna as 6 months ago,
running about 700W or so.

What's so special?  This was one of my last *three* all-time for Mixed mode
DXCC (#249 on RTTY) since 1974.  Just need BS7 and VU4 now to be at the top
of the Honor Roll.

Let's hope that the ARRL recognizes this RTTY operation, the same as they
did for SSB.

Good luck, he's easy to work on this mode.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com