[RTTY] ARRL.org Vote - We Need to Become More Pro-active

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL.org Vote - We Need to Become More Pro-active
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:12:19 -0700
On Fri, 31 May 2002 10:51:53 -0500, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

>We have to face the facts, PSK31 may be the digital mode of choice by
>digital operators and therefore it is likely that more and more DXpeditions
>will run PSK31 instead of RTTY.  Just be ready for it.
>
>Don AA5AU

Don's comments are right on, as usual.  I would love to experiment with
PSK31 in a high power, narrow bandwidth configuration, but to do that in
the existing segment would bring down the wrath of everyone there.

In the meantime, would anyone like to make some PSK31 vs RTTY
comparisons in terms of weak signal copyability?  We could try using
very low power - one watt or so - and send a canned text for comparison.
Please email me or post a reply to this message and let's set some
schedules.

Should be interesting!

73, Bill W7TI