[RTTY] GU0SUP - SOABLP - A Volta 2002

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP - SOABLP - A Volta 2002
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 13:37:17 +0100
Hi All,

Well, I thought this was going to be a dud! When the contest started, so
many stations had serious auroral flutter, I could hardly work anyone.
Fortunately, things improved, and there was some nice DX about.
Real nice to work Bob ZL2AMI first on 20m during our mid-evening, and then
today on 15m during our mid-morning. (Bob, you were still going strong on 15
when the contest finished - about 579 here!).

Sadly missed AP2IA, because some folk would not wait until I had sent my
report! A shame, and good job it wasn't a new one on RTTY for me, or I may
have made a fuss!

I also missed out on the bonus mults! I did try and get UN6P on 10m, but
sadly had no copy at all.

It certainly paid to band-hop for this one, as 10 kept opening at times, and
I did get some nice mults up there. Very odd to see so many stations with
lower serial numbers than me! Was that conditions, or did everyone else have
chores to do, I wonder?

Also, I found Writelog worked OK EXCEPT when I got a different szone from
the one it expected. I had to change that manually, or it screwed everything
up. Other than that, it worked well.

Anyway, here is what I managed:

Single OP., All Bands

           QSOs     Points     DX:     Call Areas
80m:      0             0         0              0
40m:     25          109       20             0
20m:     110         894      36             8
15m:     41           434       16            4
10m:      7           281        6              1
====================================
Total:  183         1718      78           13

Bonus multipliers: 0
Total multipliers: 91
Score:  28609854
Station Description:  Yaesu FT900 + 60 watts
Antenna(s):  Half-size G5RV
Operators:   GU0SUP

Thanks to all who gave me points or mults! It was my pleasure.
73 to all, and see you in the next one!
Phil GU0SUP