[RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) EAWW RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) EAWW RTTY
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:57:48 +0100
Hi all,

Well, someone MUST be responsible for the rather poor propagation! It wasn't
me, I wasn't there!

Just as a matter of interest, the rules say YOURCALL.SUM and YOURCALL.ALL to
be sent. What do you send from Writelog? The plain ASCII log-file contains
all sorts of mult rubbish, and the summary sheet is in RTF or plain TXT.
What is the norm??

So, SOAPBOX first:
Getting well used to Writelog, BUT had a fright this morning when I saw that
all 100-odd QSO's I had made were all listed at one hour EARLIER! WL must
assume I set my PC to BST, and compensated, but my shack PC is always at UTC
(or GMT - Guernsey Mean Time!!!).
If you use ADIF after this contest, it won't import your RECEIVED serial
numbers either, as the field name is wrong. it should be <RTX...> but shows
up as <RCVD....>
Conditions didn't seem very good at all, and at times, it was hard work. I
had planned a big effort from here, but I was up early on saturday morning,
doing a clear-out at our radio club, which was hard work, so I didn't stay
up past my bedtime. Got up early-ish this morning, and decided to check 40m.
The first station I tuned in was ZL2AMI! Many thanks for that Bob, and you
will be getting a QSL card for that one!
It was also nice to work Walt AH6OZ on 20m, and it was almost easy! If it
hadn't been a contest, then we could have had a nice chat. I saw you call
RU3??? and as there was no reply, I gave you a quick call.

There was some very bad practices by a few, in that whenever I tried to call
a station, there were two or three that insisted on calling ME, and then put
the exchange meant for me into THEIR log.
Not only was it rude, but I lost a couple of nice mults that way, and also
missed the chance to work FO5PS. If I send FO5PS DE GU0SUP GU0SUP KN, it
isn't an invite for you to call me!

Did better than last year, but not that much! here is my effort:
EAWW RTTY CONTEST 2002
            QSOs     Pts     DX:     Prov     Call Areas
80m:        0         0         0         0             0
40m:       18        66       16         1             2
20m:      102      129      41        13           10
15m:       72      118       27        2            18
10m:       23        42       9         0             8
Total:    215     355      93       16            38

Total multipliers: 147
Score:  52185
Station:
FT900 70w to half-size G5RV
WL10.30b + MMTTY

Very best 73 to all, and thanks to those who were patient with me.

Phil Cooper, GU0SUP
1 Clos au Pre
La Hougue du Pommier, Castel
Guernsey, UK, GY5 7FQ