[RTTY] For Sale - ST-8000 HF RTTY Modem & other Equipment

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] For Sale - ST-8000 HF RTTY Modem & other Equipment
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:14:15 -0500
Glad to see our tax dollars spent on nothing but the best :.) Maybe
someone needs to tell the GAO about MMTTY!
73,
Barry
P.S. Bob, GL in your endeavors and hoep to CU back soon.

Bob wrote:
In December of 1997 I purchased a HAL ST-8000 HF RTTY modem
from a W6
who had acquired a batch of UNUSED units that had been
scheduled to go
to the mid-East for use in Operation Desert Storm.  These units did
NOT
see service there; mine was still in the original factory box and it
was
shipped to me with both operation manual and service manual.
This unit
is serial 321 and it passed the military acceptance test on 1/23/81.
This unit sold for $3995 from HAL when I last looked.  Go to
www.halcomm.com to view the specifications.  This unit had the
latest
firmware installed by HAL in 1998.