[RTTY] Interesting Survey

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Interesting Survey
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:35:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Interesting Survey

   From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
   Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:23:42 -0600

   Oh, BTW: give WARC rtty a try...I've got quite a few on 12 and 17, only a
   handful on 30 but more are finding 30 meter rtty wide open but remember EU
   has to xmit above 10.140.00

Hi I wanted to tell you guys about 30M from XR0X.  RTTY didn't happen.

It turns out, CE hams have no 30M privileges at all, normally.  For
this trip, the leader requested and recieved permission to operate 30M
from XR0X.  However, on close reading, it was explicitly only for CW
on 30M.

I didn't even consider that the CE hams didn't have 30M, and the rest
follows.  It's certainly possible that if we'd have asked, we'd have
received permission for RTTY and PSK.

I'll try to do some 30M RTTY and/or PSK31 from KH1.

73, doug