[RTTY] WPX RTTY 3Z0WPX MO2T HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX RTTY 3Z0WPX MO2T HP
From: SP5UAF <tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl> (SP5UAF)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:51:54 +0100
CALL:  3Z0WPX
CLASS: Multi Operator/2Tx, High Power

----------------------------------
   Band     QSOs   Points      PX
   80m:      245      998     111
   40m:      385     1796      90
   20m:      544     1310     111
   15m:      693     1780     134
   10m:      651     1731     170
Totals:     2518     7615     616
Prefixes counted only once per all contest, not once per band

Score:  4690840

Station Description: 2 x FT-1000MP + 2 x Homemade PA
Antenna(s):
 80 meters: Vertical (20 m high), dipole, some beverages (pointed to
 various directions) and K9AY loops
 40 meters: Dipole, 2el Quad, beverages and K9AY loops on receiving
 side (from time to time)
 20 meters: 2 el Quad, 4 el Quad and 2x4el Quad
 15 meters: 2 el Quad, 4 el Quad and 2x4el Quad
 10 meters: 2 el Quad, 5 el Quad and 4x5el Quad

Computers: - Desktop Pentium II with HAL interface and WriteLog
           - Compaq Armada notebook with Writelog, Maestro soundboard
             and MMTTY plug-in

Operators: Chris SP7GIQ, Paul SP7PS, Mark SQ5BPM,
           Donata (YL - SWL), Tom SP5UAF

Last year I thought about joining our club (SP5ZCC) team with other
Polish HAMs interested in RTTY. After some time, and some arrangements
we in the end met at the wonderful QUAD-station of Chris SP7GIQ to
participate in WPX RTTY. Two weeks before we had received a special
call: 3Z0WPX - just for the contest.

It was our first effort of this kind. None of us operated in Multi-Two
before. At first we had some problems with the network, then with one
of our computers, during the contest we had a break because electric
current was switched off - problem at the power station: fortunately
"only" 35 minutes...
But in the end we had a great fun and worked so many RTTY friends...
What more: for some of us it was the first time to use WriteLog. Only
Paul SP7PS is an experienced user to say the truth.
Our goal was to make at least 2500 contacts and beat last year record
in that category (by YL4U), in the same EU record. And we did it!!!!

40 meters Quad helped us to make many DX contacts on this band - many
DX and of course many rich-pointed QSOs. In the end a little bit more
than 50% contacts are with DX stations:
           80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    EU     211    243    308    288    203    1253    49.8
    AS      11     46     66    157    136     416    16.5
    NA      22     86    156    227    285     776    30.8
    AF       1      4      4     11      5      25     1.0
    SA       0      2      6      4     16      28     1.1
    OC       0      4      4      6      6      20     0.8

The biggest thrill: Our station was called three times by V73UG
himself. And we worked HR3 in tremendous pile-up after only one call
on 10 meters - well... 4x5el Quad stacker on ten meters is just what
we needed in such situations. It is like a sniper - one shot and new
multiplier is in the log. During the last hour we were called by a
station from Cuba - this gave us very worthy multiplier.
We could hear JA on 80 meters on Sunday but in the end decided not to
switch the antennas. The main station was running on 40 then and had
quite nice DX contacts. JAs on 80m were not new multipliers so in the
end we decided not to switch the antennas. Working DX on 80 or on 40
was giving us the same points - on 40 meters we were able to work more
DX in that time.

Great thanks goes towards Chris SP7GIQ who let us use his wonderful
station and was a great, great host for us.

We do hope to meet you again from our home stations or perhaps in the
future we join our teams again for one of the RTTY events.

73 to All
from Tom SP5UAF
and all of 3Z0WPX team