[RTTY] Valid email address for XE logs?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Valid email address for XE logs?
From: ekki@plicht.de (Ekki Plicht)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:49:10 +0100
> Your logs get through OK to xe1j@ucol.mx?
>
> I sent my log an hour ago, and got back:
>
> "To: jflanders2@home.com Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
> This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
> Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
> The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
> each recipient was rejected.
> Recipient: <xe1j@ucol.mx>
> Reason: 5.3.0 <xe1j@ucol.mx>... Open relay..."

That does mean that the email adress itself may well be ok, but the host
where this email-account resides is blackholed.

This is done by various organizations to prevent spam mail. Your provider
has subscribed to such a service, and filters all mail to and from domains
which are blackholed.
The only solution is for the recipient to talk to his or her ISP and get
them to change their mailing policy (stop the open relay), then have them
(the ISP) talk to the organization(s) which has them blackholed to de-list
them.

Ok, another solution for the email recipient would be to get another account
with another provider.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR