[RTTY] Number of Partipants in RTTY Contests

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Number of Partipants in RTTY Contests
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:38:03 -0000
Hi all,

Don AA5AU wrote ===================snip===========
> I have to conclude that the number of logs
> submitted does not represent the number of participants very well.
=======================unsnip=======================

Hhhmmmm!............. makes you wonder, doesn't it!

It would certainly seem that there are a large number of contesters who
simply do not submit logs after a contest. Is this because they don't think
they have done enough?
There MUST be a way of encouraging some of these guys to enter logs.
During a CQ session on the Sunday pm in RRU, I worked a good few IK's, DL's
and even an HB9 that gave me 001 or 002 as a serial number, so I doubt they
will enter a log, and that could be a problem for me, if they turn up in the
UBN file!
I am sure we must know some of them, and maybe a little help is needed in
that direction?
Some are certainly newcomers to the RTTY contesting scene, and I am sure
that many don't know about this reflector. If so, then I am probably
preaching to the converted anyway!

Perhaps they are having problems with formatting their logs correctly?
I worked quite a few in Roundup that were using MMTTY, and I wonder if they
simply can't produce a valid Cabrillo file?

After seeing the hassle that some of us have had (and still having!) with
the Roundup logs, perhaps this part of the problem?

Anyone got any great ideas for encouraging these guys to enter logs?

73 for now de Phil GU0SUP