[RTTY] getting closer

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] getting closer
From: fathom1@directvinternet.com (David Ashworth)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 04:21:44 -0000
Thank you for all the good suggestions.  I have received some rtty!  I read
the suggestions about running the audio from the radio (external speaker) to
the LINE IN on the soundblaster card.  When I do that, I cannot get enough
drive to make the program do anything even with the rig cranked all the way
up.  I have played around with the volume settings, and the balance is set
in the center of each of the windows.  When the audio from the radio is
connected to the LINE IN on the soundblaster card, I can hear the radio in
the pc speakers.  Now, if I put the audio from the radio into the MIC of the
soundblaster, I loose the sound in the pc speakers, but the program seems to
work.  I notice, like some of you said, it might be too much for the MIC IN,
and I might have to make an attenuator, I agree.  I gave up on the MMTTY
program and tried trueTTY.  It seems to work.  For another test, I put the
audio from the radio into another computer (HP laptop) MIC INPUT and it also
seems to work.  Wonder why the soundblaster doesn't like to work with the
LINE IN?  Maybe I will just make that attenuator.  Any thoughts on this?
Thanks so much for your help, and happy holidays- Dave, NC6P