[RTTY] suggestions?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] suggestions?
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 07:41:37 -0800
On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:34:53 -0000, David Ashworth wrote:

>I notice that this program is similiar to the
>PSK31 programs-it tells me to reduce the audio going into the sound card,
>when the audio is too high. Perhaps someone on the list might shed some
>light on this, or suggest another program to try?  Thanks in advance, Dave,
>NC6P

Try shifting your plug from mic input to line input on the soundcard.
The mic input usually has way too much sensitivity for direct speaker
input.  Unfortunately, line input often doesn't have quite enough unless
you run the RX gain pretty high, but that should tell you whether MMTTY
is working correctly.

If needed, you can make a simple 100:1 attenuator for the mic input.
Lots of guys use it that way.  A 10k and 100 ohm resistor would work
fine, or just a 10k pot.

73, Bill W7TI