[RTTY] Question for Rules Gurus

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question for Rules Gurus
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 10:19:14 -0800
Jim, MM0BQI, wrote
> I asked the same question at the TARA website and received a great reply
> from"Mr Bill" who confirmed that a simple QSL TU is all that is required.

A simple "R" is probably good enough, and even has the correct
meaning.

In CW, quite often often the running station just sends "QRZ" or
his callsign.  Those are probably questionable.  The poor S&P guy
has no idea if his exchange was properly copied or QSB took him
completely out.  A P40 station comes to mind.

HH2PK used to just send his callsign as confirmation on CW, RTTY
-and- SSB(!).  Since that is his usual MO, you know that he really
means "message received".  He can also say his callsign in voice
mode in 1/2 a second flat! :-)  Anyone come across Patrick lately?

73
Chen, AA6TY