[RTTY] WAE

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAE
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:28:45 -0000
Hi all,

Well, it has been great to see some of you change your minds about operating
in WAE!
As was mentioned - nobody can force you to send QTC, and I do remember being
scared of them myself.
Yes, they are easy (now!), but when I did my first WAE, I too made up a
buffer that said SRI NO QTC.

WAE has a big entry, and there are often lost of good dx stations around, so
have a go, if only for that!

What I didn't realise is just how many mults they are worth!
If you are using WF1B, they are very easy to handle, and probably just as
easy with Writelog.

However, it is also very easy to get garbage, and it can waste an awful lot
of time of you screw it up! With WF1B, it is very useful to have the RECORD
DATA switched on, so you can then go back in the AIR file and check again.
Better yet, don't try and swap QTC just for the heck of it, if conditions
ain't so good!

I'm still gonna make a buffer that says, SRI, NOT YET!

And I am looking forward to getting Gerd in my log on a few bands! I do have
HK0 confirmed on 20m, but would really like to get it confirmed on the other
bands! Keep an eye out for GU0SUP Gerd!!!

73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP