[RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) JARTS 2001

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) JARTS 2001
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:51:08 +0100
Hi all,

Yes! I did finish early, but there was such an aurora that I couldn't work
anything at all. Many fluttery signals, and most folk I called just didn't
get my call. Ah well!

Had great fun, and it was FB to work so many W, VE, JA and VK districts.
Good to see so many JA's on, and on all bands. I really enjoyed working JA
on 40m, and met several on 3 bands.
Apologies to all I missed in this one............
No new countries this time, but a few band-fills, so I was pleased with the
result.
15 was the band to be on, and gave me most mults, but 10 was worth checking
from time to time.

For those of you who use MMTTY and WF1B, here is something I think I
learned:
If you hit ESC to abort the transmission for whatever reason, then after the
rig has gone back to Rx, hit ESC again, as it seems to cause a buffer
overflow. I kept seeing LOST SOUND after using ESC to abort transmissions,
and immediately I called again, my Tx was spluttered, and the MMTTY scope
showed 'lost sound'. If I hit ESC again, I didn't get this. Is there
something to be learned here??

So, here is what I managed:
JARTS WW RTTY 2001

Call used: GU0SUP
Age Sent:  48

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band (Low Power)

Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX
80         0          0     0       0
40        13        27     1      12
20        67       150    7     28
15        82      205    19     31
10        63       167    13    24
-----   ----  ----  ----  ---- ---- ----
Total    225   549    40    95
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 74115
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02 + MMTTY
Power Output: 60 Watts

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations etc etc

Phil Cooper  GU0SUP
1 Clos au Pre
La Hougue du Pommier
Castel